Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Life as it comes everyday...




The previous post was written 6 months ago but I could not publish it until now. Hence full six months have passed and here I am in Dubai for the second half of my GMBA(Global MBA). Life seems to have taken another turn for me as for a guy who hasn't stepped out of his country even once and changing countries every six months is a huge change. After completing my stint in Singapore, here I am in the city of Gold, city of opportunities, city of Dubai.


The specialization of MBA has begun. We are focusing ourselves into IT management and life is becoming trickier by the day. I am here at a point in my life where I need to make one the most important decisions of my life. Weather to take up job here in Dubai or go back to India or go to a different county all together? Which carrier path to choose? Which company to target, an Indian company or an MNC? These seems to be rather straight forward questions but each and every one of them have a far deeper impact and implications could be grave. Besides those life's cool not much studies these days and for a change we are having a LOT of free time (which is very strange as compared to where we are coming from...). But the problem is that at this point of time in my life, I feel like in a state of suspended motion. Right now I am in the state of hibernation and waiting for the right time and opportunity.

Life is a bit too unpredictable to predict. Eight months ago, even in my wildest of dreams I wouldn't have had dreamt being in Dubai doing my MBA amongst the sand dunes and oil wells. But this has been a wonderful learning experience for me so far and I do not regret even a single move or step that I have taken so far.

No comments: